Annual Bordeaux tasting (2016 vintage)
GBP 60.00 – GBP 120.00
This event has passed.
We are delighted to be back with our first in-person tasting since 2019.
Showcasing the 2016 vintage of the Grands Crus Classés from the Médoc, Pessac Léognan, St Emilion and the top Pomerol estates, including most of the First Growths and their Right Bank equivalents. This walk-around tasting is a rare opportunity to review one vintage of Bordeaux three years after bottling and compare wines of the highest quality across all Bordeaux’s top appellations.
The tasting will take place at Vintner’s Hall in London, across two sessions. Your ticket will allow admission to one session only. Please ensure you have read the COVID-19 guidelines before purchasing your ticket. You will also need to agree to the standard terms and conditions at checkout.
As regulars would be aware, traditionally, this tasting would review the vintage two years after bottling. We will be returning to this format by hosting the 2017 vintage tasting on 23 March 2022 and the 2018 vintage in late 2022.
This is a walk-around tasting. As a Covid precaution, all guests will be provided with a personal disposable spittoon, or you are welcome to bring your own. Floor standing spittoons are provided only for disposing of your spittoon waste. We have restricted the capacity for both sessions and distanced the wines (which will be poured for you) to allow ample space at the venue. There will also be tables provided for note-taking. There will be no blind tasting element this year.
Session one: 9:15 – 11:30 GMT
Session two: 11:45 – 14:00 GMT
Registration will open 15 minutes before each session
Price (inclusive of VAT)
MWs – £60
MW students – £90
General admission – £120
How to register
- Select ticket type and ‘Add to basket’
- When you are ready to pay select ‘View basket’ from the top of the screen or click on the shopping basket icon in the top right corner
- Check the item in your cart and quantity, if you are happy with this purchase proceed to checkout
- Complete all fields
- Use the text box ‘Session (optional)’ to tell us your preferred session – type either one or two in this box
- Sessions have limited capacity, a member of the IMW team will confirm your selection after checkout within 48 hours
- Complete payment details
- You will receive a confirmation if the payment is successful, which is your receipt for the tasting
The attendee acknowledges the risk associated with attending live events and agrees that the IMW is not liable for illness. The IMW operates in accordance with government guidelines but reserves the right to include additional measures for the safety of guests and staff.
All guests attending this event must adhere to the following:
- Masks must be worn upon arrival at the venue. These may be removed after registration is complete.
- Proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken within the last 48 hours must be provided upon entry.
- Either a polymerase chain reaction (PCR) OR lateral flow test (LFT also known as rapid test) is permitted.
- For self-administered tests please register the negative result as per the instructions on the pack to receive the confirmation text/email. Show the text/email at registration.
- For administered tests please show the negative test certificate/email at registration.
- Lateral flow tests are readily available free of charge in the UK. You can request these through the NHS or collect from most pharmacies. Find out more here.
- If you are travelling to the event and already require a negative test for your flight this may be eligible. Please confirm with Belinda Eaton, firstname.lastname@example.org
Who can attend the tasting?
Anyone over the age of 18 who purchases a ticket is eligible to attend.
Will there be a blind tasting?
No, this is to allow for distancing of the wines at the venue.
Will the event be hosted in the USA and Australia?
Yes. It is expected that these tastings will take place in 2022 but are subject to change given the current global circumstances. Please join our event mailing list to be notified when dates are announced.
What happens if my travel or health is affected by COVID?
Please check the travel requirements prior to purchasing a ticket. If travel permissions by the UK or your departure country change after point of purchase OR you test positive for COVID-19 please contact the IMW office within 24 hours of the change for a refund. You will be required to provide proof of the travel change or a medical certificate. These COVID exemptions are in addition to the standard terms and conditions. Please refer to the terms and conditions page for further details on refunds and exchanges.
Bordeaux tasting 2019
Date and Time
Start: 1 December 2021, 9:00 GMT
End: 1 December 2021, 14:00 GMT
68 Upper Thames Street