This event has passed.
Lallemand, IMW supporter, will return to IMW HQ in March for their latest seminar series event.
The seminar and guided tasting will be presented by Ann Dumont M.Sc, Sam Harrop MW, Dirceu Vianna Junior MW and Paul Zeiss M.Sc. Oenology. The 2020 event will explore the topic State of flux: microbiological solutions to making wine in an uncertain climate. A light lunch will also be served after this session.
Presenter update: Anthony Silvano Ing. Oen and Marion Bastien Ing Oen send their apologies but are unable to present at the 2020 event. Paul Zeiss M.Sc. Oenology, will present in their absence.
Ticket prices (inclusive of VAT)
MW students £25
General admission £30
What Lallemand has to say about the seminar
The rapidity, unpredictability and irreversibility of recent climate change, extreme weather events, are some of the biggest challenges facing viticulturists and winemakers today.
- What does it mean for the future of the industry?
- Is it still possible to make good quality wine when sudden and severe weather events take place?
- Can wines still be made to reflect site expression?
While the questions abound, the answers are less clear. One thing is certain; when it comes to climate change, wine brands must employ fresh thinking and the use of future-focused and science-based tools and strategies.
In this workshop we examine what can be done from a microbiological standpoint to continue making good quality wine under these conditions.
- The results of latest research and trials
- Lallemand’s top strategies around alcoholic and malolactic fermentations
- Sanitary conditions of the grapes and contaminants management
- How to balance phenolic maturity and physiological ripeness
- Management of alcohol and acidity levels
- How to overcome issues of contaminant development at high pH
Photography and recording
As an attendee at this event, you authorise and grant the IMW the right to:
- record you (picture and voice) in photographs and on film for audio and visual production
- create recordings into a photo gallery and / or film
- use your name and voice for the recording
- screen the recording online, including on social media
The IMW will own all copyright to any photography or filming used and no monies will be given to delegates or speakers. Any reasonable request not to use or to stop using a particular film or photograph will be considered. Such requests should be made in writing to email@example.com.
Date and Time
Start: 10 March 2020, 11:00
End: 10 March 2020, 14:00
6 Riverlight Quay