Primum Familiae Vini
Primum Familiae Vini (PFV) is an association of twelve historic European wine families who have been caring for their vineyards for generations and all are amongst the finest producers in their respective regions. They believe profoundly in the continuation of family companies, in outstanding wine quality and sustainability.
Meetings are held every year in one of their vineyards and everybody is welcome – from the youngest to the oldest – to share experiences and exchange views on the challenges that face wine makers in their day to day work.
In 2020 the PFV launched an annual prize of €100,000 that is awarded to an exemplary business in any area of activity that represents the best values of a family company in terms of continuity, excellence, contribution to the community and protection of the environment.
The Twelve PFV Members:
- Baron Philippe de Rothschild – Bordeaux, France
- Domaine Clarence Dillon – Bordeaux, France
- Egon Müller Scharzhof – Mosel, Germany
- Familia Torres – Penedes, Spain
- Famille Hugel – Alsace, France
- Famille Perrin – Rhône Valley, France
- Joseph Drouhin – Burgundy, France
- Marchesi Antinori – Tuscany, Italy
- Pol Roger – Champagne, France
- Symington Family Estates – Douro and Alentejo, Portugal
- Tenuta San Guido – Tuscany, Italy
- Vega Sicilia – Ribera del Duero, Spain
Information provided by Primum Familiae Vini